Projects with metric references - Submarine

levimfa

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to project a submarine, but I need some metric references to bring the real dimensions to it. Any kind of reference helps me.

Someone know about websites where I can find these references or something like this?

Thanks!

In the QUICK CALCULATOR in the software, there is a tab at the bottom named UNITS CONVERSION, where you can very easily get some reference.

units conversion from the calculator.jpg

In the QUICK CALCULATOR in the software, there is a tab at the bottom named UNITS CONVERSION, where you can very easily get some reference.

But I need references related to a submarine model. Like the size of the body, the nose and the tail of it. There somewhere in the internet where I can find something like this? Projects with numeric references and related?

I just Googled Autocad dwgs of submarines and it pulled up almost 5,000,000 links, but sorry, I don't have time to check them all (or should I say ANY right now, as I am really busy :|

Edited by Dadgad

I just Googled Autocad dwgs of submarines and it pulled up almost 5,000,000 links, but sorry, I don't have time to check them all right now. :|

Thanks a lot!

You already helped me bringing these search references. I didn't thought about using the "dwg" keyword. Sounds stupid but I really distracts me about it :D

I'll make a search. If you find something too, please tells me.

Thanks man!

I think I would start with a simple Wikipedia search... there is a plethora of information there, remember that there are nerds for everything :)

References to dimensions will be very basic. You may find diameter, overall length and height a maybe a handful of other dimensions. If you search on the word "submarine" you will find a fairly recent thread (last couple of months?) started by another forum member.

References to dimensions will be very basic. You may find diameter, overall length and height a maybe a handful of other dimensions. If you search on the word "submarine" you will find a fairly recent thread (last couple of months?) started by another forum member.

Hey ReMark!

I started that thread too! :D

I want to remake that same project but with this real dimensions.

Do you have any ideia of the place where I can find the diameter, length and height? I'm trying to find some specific websites but I'm not going so far with it.

I found some 3DS projects, but I need a dwg extension.

Sorry, I did not recognize your name.

I don't know where one could find fully dimensioned drawings of active duty submarines although such drawings for older (out of service) models may exist. It's possible that the WORLD renowned book entitled Jane's Fighting Ships may have more information but I cannot say for sure. Obviously some research on your part will be required.

One valuable source may be the sites of model builders; just did a Google images search for "submarine model plans" and found a lot of promising dimensioned drawings.

The google research only brought me values that I don't need. Like beam, draught and draft. I need the lenght, the hull diameter and the height of this class. Like this image, but for the Typhoon class:

SIZE.jpg

Typhoon? I believe the Russians still have the details of that one classified top secret. But then, one can buy certain parts of them on ebay these days. :rofl: