client provided border file has corrupted Standard default text style

mdwebneck

This is an autocad issue I have never before encountered and have found no system setting that would allow this to be done

A client provided border file has a FONT style named Text_Plot_Model that is being treated as if it were the default autocad STANDARD font style.

I can reset the fonts that it represents, but can not rename it to match my font style naming convention.

Even the error message tells a lie, if the Standard Font style name can not be renamed, HOW then did it GET renamed?

invalidSTANDARDfontstyledefaultname.jpg

bdr-36x48.dwg

Start a new file from Scratch (so that it is empty).

Insert the client file as an exploded block. You can now rename the client's text style.

HMMmm ok that worked, so just another autocad - ism that it gave me the bogus error in the text style dialog

would help if I had a working version of text style merge for the rest of the crap in these files, different font style names, but identical font configs within, .. .too many negligent cad cooks in the stew (way too many attributed blocks to use battman on all) and then have the the moved attributes revert to their default justification afterward

Edited by mdwebneck
clarification