Saving my settings in 2015 when moving to another computer.

kingdaddy

I am getting a hardware upgrade and the new computer will be running the 64 bit version of 2015 instead of the current 32 bit. I have done a lot of customizing already with the CUI, Command Aliases and Tool Palettes. Is there an easy way to save all my settings and workspace so I can migrate them to a new computer?

No, nor will it automatically bring up custom tools / toolbars, that is done though the custom user interface, this just gets you some help. I think you will have to change the sys variables manually.

42 x 2 :D

Commonly customized files include: linetypes (.LIN), hatch patterns (.PAT), command aliases (.PGP), tool palettes (.ATC), and profiles (.ARG).

Some of these, but not all, may be saved in a zip file via the Migrate Custom Settings > Export AutoCAD 2015 Settings feature found by clicking on the Start Button and looking under All Programs > AutoDesk.

Yep...

Start > Programs > Autodesk > AutoCADxxx > Migrate custom settings > Export AutoCADxxxx settings

Also, you can have AutoCAD360 automatically sync your settings via the cloud if you're so inclined More...

Like above we have multiple pc's so have had to do this lots Like Remark use the profile option and create a profile with a new name and export it giving a ARG. Go to new box start autocad as normal go to profile load your new profile, close autocad. Edit the autocad desktop icon, we make a copy and push old one to safe directory, in the icon properties the end will be edited to /p your new profile name. Click on icon should work. We also have a new main customisation file in a common directory, only problem is it will not have say 2015 commands so we make all our extra customistation as partial menus then you can load and save on 1 box the new Main customisation menu mynew2015.cuix and copy to others with new version commands intact.