Annotative Block

Hi,

I am having issues with annotative blocks, the arrow part of a section arrow block keeps disappearing in some of the viewports, any ideas why this is happening?

There could be a variety of reasons but since you thing it is realted to the annotative proerty, the block may not have the appropriate scale assigned to it or the viewport scale is set wrong.

Drg.dwg

All the scales have been assigned to the block and the viewport, the block is approx 50% visible in the 1:20 viewport, it was 100% yesterday, something seems to have gone wrong since closing the drg down last night. File attached for info.

If you look at the North Gable Proposed Elevation Bay D-E viewport, the bottom arrow is missing from the section A-A block.

I'm not sure how how it got like that but, if you delete the 1:20 scale from that instance and then add it back, all is well.

Perhaps the viewport scale was changed, breaking the annotative association, and then the viewport scale was changed back to the original scale. During that operation, the annotative association was not re-added either manually or with the automatic annotative scale adding feature. Maybe it was an accidental zoom while Display Locked was set to No.

In my experience, if the viewport scale has been changed, changing it back brings the display back.

Also, if that were the case, wouldn't it affect other instances of the same block?

My best guess is that the 1:20 scale that was in that particular instance of the block was "different" from the one for the viewport. That's why when the 1:20 was deleted and then added back in, the display came back. But like I said, it's just a guess.