Same views in layouts

Nobull84

I have created a view to zoom to my titleblock and plot stamp so that I may check revision dates. I then put this to a macro for easy access to the view (I keep the ribbon closed for maximum screen size most of the time). It seems that these saved views are only saved in the current drawing and I would need to save a view for each drawing file. This can be cumbersome for many drawings. Is there an easier way to view a certain area in paperspace? Or is there a lisp out there to create a saved view in multiple drawing files?

Thanks for your time,

-Nobull

P.S. I also just realized this saved view not only goes to certain position but also switches to that specific layout. Is there a way to just save a position in paperspace to use on any layout?

Or if your Titleblock can vary in size and position then draw a rectangle around it and create a group, then you can zoom to an object with the group option

How about the humble zoom command, this zooms to a prefixed area

^C^C_Z;100,100;150,150;

Sometimes I guess I overthink things but you are right, the simple zoom feature works fine. I ended up recording a macro where I used: "Z", "Object", select my titleblock and plot stamp. Renamed it "VV". And a new command is born. Thanks for the new pair of eyes.

-Nobull