batch *EXPORT* to PDF?

p0026376

I know you can do a batch Publish, but the output does not seem to look as good, and certain behaviors of the output seem to be different (font handling for one), between exporting to PDF and plotting to PDF. is there a way to batch export to PDF?

thanks!

Try to disable background plotting when you use publish command. I had experience this can cause inconsistency.

Personally I like the sheet sets, they keep multiple drawings in one easy access list and you can print across multiple files from the one sheet set list. There you can do publish to PDF. I never had any issues with quality.

In my templates I have a pdf specific page setups for each paper size with a .ctb file for pdf production to adjust for the line definition. Also check this thread regarding text issues in pdf.

When batch plotting pdf's I always select my pdf page setup (paper size specific) as well as selecting pdf from the top left drop down. This seems to give me a consistent output quality.

I use RxHighlight from Rasterex, can either do a batch convert or batch plot to a PDF printer ( therefore making a raster PDF and looking just like a print to paper)

The AutoCad 2009 pdf drivers suck.

Download AutoDesk TrueView 2015 (It is FREE) and use that to Batch Plot, or Batch Publish. It looks just like AutoCad, and will use all your layouts and plotting setups you already did in AutoCad. It has all the printing capabilities that full blown AutoCad 2015 has plus it will convert newer version drawings back to a version compatible with the 2007-2009 file format so you can open them. True View will do VECTOR pdf's, with or without block and layer information. Avoid doing raster pdf's from AutoCad whenever possible. They are IMPOSSIBLE to convert back to dwg format without having to manually edit almost every line into its proper position.

I forget is vector pdf the one with the selectable and searchable text when you open it in acrobat?
I can't imagine any software being able to recognize text out of a morass of pixels, unless the NSA owns it, so it probably is the vector pdf that has searchable text. I could be wrong. I don't have full adobe to test it out.

I can't find an option for changing between vector and raster on ACAD 2014 but I think as early as 2009LT when I used dwg-pdf the programme captures the text then puts it into the pdf as text so you can search and select the text in adobe reader (not acrobat, I got confused!)

Yes, text can be captured in a raster format PDF, as well as vector.
OK, then. The NSA must have let us have that one back when they let us have GPS data. :lol:

I can't find an option for changing between vector and raster on ACAD 2014 but I think as early as 2009LT when I used dwg-pdf the programme captures the text then puts it into the pdf as text so you can search and select the text in adobe reader (not acrobat, I got confused!)
Reader? I'll have to test it. I haven't had any need to do it before, so I didn't even know. I'm not sure I have any raster pdf's on hand.