DXF to 3d

taleismin

Hi Guy's,

Anyone know how to convert 2d DXF into either IGES SAT or STEP file. My press break software "CADMAN" doesn't like running DXF's but does work better with 3d files. Really need a way to find out how to convert 2d DXF with bend lines into the 3d file.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Other than to model it in another program I think would be the only way. Do you need a 3D model in one of those formats or just convert the dxf into one of those formats?

F700es, I think I need a model so cadman can recognise all faces and flattern it out to determine the Bendlines. Are there any free program's. If not what do I need?

Not sure as I was asking to clear up exactly what was needed. It honestly sounds like this is a problem for a type of program set up for these issues. Inventor, Solidworks and such. Not sure if any freebie programs would do this for you.