Angle of Projection

ranjithahb

explain me the angle of projection in brief.....why i asked is ,,,,all r explaining me in a lengthy manner...can any1 explain me in different way ...giving known and best instance

explain me the angle of projection in brief
Would you please create a new thread for this? It's not related to this thread.

explain me the angle of projection in brief.....why i asked is ,,,,all r explaining me in a lengthy manner...can any1 explain me in different way ...giving known and best instance

"Orthographic Projection is a way of drawing an 3D object from different directions." Source: V.Ryan 2002-2010

Questions is, are you wanting to use first angle or third angle? My guess would be third angle.

explain me the angle of projection in brief
Depends what you're drawing. 3 major types of drawings:

1. Orthogonal (Plan / Elevation / Section) - angle would be "from top" = Plan, "from side (left/right/front/back)" = Elevation/Section. Refer to Remark's answer for more detail regarding this. These would then be analogous to the angle-of-projection. http://www.technologystudent.com/designpro/ortho1.htm
  2. Isometric - a view skew-on to the 3D model. Also referred to a oblique. The normal way would be as this capture_06242014_085702.gif
  3. Perspective - a view similar to what your eye would see in real life. 2 ways to draw this:

1. Manually you'd use vanishing points to define where a direction becomes "infinite" to simulate a horizon. You can use either 1, 2 or 3 vanishing points - 3 being the closest match to real-world, though much more difficult to draw. Normally 2 gives you adequate results for presentation. So the vanishing point(s) define the angle(s) of projection.
    2. Automatically from a computer CAD - tends work by asking you where a camera is, in what direction it's looking, and what its "lens" properties are. This tends to give you the exact view as an eye would see it. The camera's view direction defines the angle-of-projection. http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/level_3/viwing-in-3d-autocad-3-4.htm

Edited by irneb