Moving Drawing and/or xref to new locations while Xref keeps path

Efeezy

We are moving our drawings to a new server in the next few days. I would like to know how to keep the xrefs attached with out having to re-path all of them. I tried the /.../.../name.dwg. or something like that is has been a while sine I had this issue. :oops:

Take a look at the the Reference Manager which is a global file management tools that helps to manage all path related files.

Look under Start > Program Files > AutoDesk > AutoCAD MEP > Reference Manager

There isn't a reference manager. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014

Do you remember how do soft path and do the ../../? this is a huge pain in the a$$.

Thank you for your time,

I think it was only introduced in 2013/2014 so MEP 2012 probably doesn't have it althoguh in new versions of AutoCad in the xref manager inside a drawing you can right click on a reference with a hard coded path and make it 'relative'. I imagine this could be scripted to batch run on drawings. See if you have the option available in 2012.

I would suggest downloading a trial of 2014/2015 MEP and running the script in that although I'm not sure how well MEP saves backwards to earlier versions from a newer version. If it is like Civil 3D then it probably won't work too well.

If you go the script route then obviously run it on a backup of all the files, not the originals.