acad2012.lsp problem

ripuz

Hi!

I have a problem with acad2012.lsp... it will always load on every drawing.

At the moment I have moved the original files acad2012.lsp and acad2012doc.lsp to a location that AutoCAD doesn´t find.

Then I put the four following files in the support folder (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English\Support):

acad2012.lsp

acad.lsp

acad2012doc.lsp

acaddoc.lsp

The files doesn´t contain anything other than a single princ command which say:

acad2012.lsp loaded!

acad.lsp loaded!

acad2012doc.lsp loaded!

acaddoc.lsp loaded!

When AutoCAD is started all files are executed in the following order:

acad2012.lsp

acad.lsp

acad2012doc.lsp

acaddoc.lsp

This far everything is okay... but when I open a new drawing the following is in the text window:

acad2012.lsp loaded!

acad2012doc.lsp loaded!

acaddoc.lsp loaded!

I expected that only acad2012doc and acaddoc should be executed since the ACADLSPASDOC variable is set to 0.

Shouldn´t acad2012.lsp and acad.lsp go hand in hand, either be none or it will load both?

Is there some other setting I don´t know about?

Thanks in advance!

The auto-loaders acad20xx.lsp and acad20xxdoc.lsp were reserved by system, so is better not to affect them. For this reason you cannot rely on how AutoCAD access/manage them.

Okay you are right, so I put the original files back and just entered the princ at the bottom of them to verify if and when they are loaded.

The same result however.

The auto-loaders acad20xx.lsp and acad20xxdoc.lsp were reserved by system, so is better not to affect them. For this reason you cannot rely on how AutoCAD access/manage them.

Not sure what difference make how AutoCAD is accessing its internal files.

For your custom tools use acaddoc.lsp and/or acad.lsp (control behavior of latest by ACADLSPASDOC system variable).

• 1 month later...

I made a new installation of AutoCAD 2012 and acad2012.lsp is still loaded into every drawing.

Either AutoCAD needs it loaded twice for some reason or some programmer made a misstake.

Anyhow it´s nothing to do about it.

End of story! :)