Make cylinder

mattador04

Okay, so I want to make a cylinder. Here's the scenario: you're looking straight down the Z axis at the XY plane. Draw a line 4" long on the XY plane from the origin, 30 degrees off X axis. Make a cylinder at the end of the line and extrude it inward toward the origin. I've tried the various plane commands, sketches, etc. What am I missing..... it's late..... I'm tired..... I've forgotten something.

Make a cylinder at the end of the line and extrude it inward toward the origin. ..... I've forgotten something.

Did you really mean, "...make a circle at the end of the line?" (in geometry a circle and a cylinder are different forms)

Forgot to attach the *.ipt file here.

Sounds to me like a simple revolved rectangle would get the job done.

No need for an extra plane.

No need for an extra circle sketch.

Revolve.PNG

Yes, a circle at the end of a line.... a revolved rectangle is a great idea... I'll try it out later.... any further issues and I'll post the file.... thanks! :)

Really you should figure out how to use both methods.

To do it with a circle, first click the Workplane tool and select the line and the end of the line. Inventor will place a workplane perpendicular to the line at the endpoint. Now you have a plane on which to sketch your circle.