Drawing for underground mine

nasoox

Hi, I need help about drawing in 3D but proplem is that i must draw polygons with points who does not represent corners, its in underground mine.

I drew simple 2D image to represent problem (in real life i have bunch of points wich are unevenly aranged), circles represent points by which i need to draw, one point represent roof, one for floor one for left wall and one for right wall, if I only drew by points I would get image on right red line but I need white line, its easy to draw cubes, rectangles and other things but this is mind-boggling for me.

I would apreciate any help or guidance, and sorry for bad english :oops:

Capture.jpg

This is a very simplified possible way of doing something which is heading down the final full 3d answer. Others will I am sure agree or give you a better answer. If you have say 4 pts or more then providing they have a point descriptor then you could get it to draw 3d lines etc eg 100,100,123,top I would open in excel sort on descriptor

100,100,123,top

101,101,124,top

you can then create a new column in excel which is

pline 100,100,123

and so on

You can copy this to the command line and it will draw a 3dline sequence connecting common pts. If the approach is two sections at a time then a tube can be created.

I am sure that there are smarter answers to creating tubes of point data. Maybe spiral an answer if the points are in a true sequence of recording.

BIGAL: i really hate to show my ignorance, but if nasoox has the points to draw to, would the spline command work in Civil 3D?

I will be gone for 2 weeks so if you reply i will get back to you when i get back.

Thank you for reply's, this is small and trust me clean sample of dwg (directly taken from total station, I just added polyline to represent walls and couple of points to conect all because we do not survey everything) KPxxx is floor and KKxxx is celing. Play all as you want :) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6buCTP3ErMfbkcwM1Nvakwzcmc/edit?usp=sharing

PS: Thanks to our 'brothers rusians' in LAVteam (Lion team) I found Surpac ;) , Its complicated as hell, its price is one kidney and a small child but it is designed for underground survey and geology, so I'm gonna give him chance, looks pretty cool, but damn I cant use it for job, you know why.

PPS: Why the hell I always got autcad educational edition notification, we got it as educational edition and tested it a lot on plan then we decide to buy it, but this thing never ended. We have modified AutoCAD 2002 for Sokkia total station and plain 2008.

I am not sure I fully understand the problem but how about the following?

Set ortho mode on.

Add a RAY through each point. The second point for each ray will be to the side or above/below depending on whether the point defines a wall, floor, or ceiling.

Use CHAMFER of zero at each of the 4points and you should have the desired rectangle which you can then convert to a poly line or region.

"Why the hell I always got AutoCAD educational edition notification..."

ANY content that was created using the educational version of AutoCAD when used in another drawing will basically infect the new drawing with the educational message/banner. Solution: stop using content originally created in the educational version and the message/banner will not appear. It's that simple.

Guys, thanks allot for replys, I finally finished this ******* but only last question (I'm a beginner in 3D) when i try to convert it from poly lines to 3D Object (Im doing this because I need volumes) I go to Modify> 3D Operations > convert to solid it says can not convert open curve or 344 objects cannot be converted. Here is what Ive done, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6buCTP3ErMfYlRMTWtSN0c3ZnM/edit?usp=sharing if you dont mind to look and tell me where I did it wrong. Thanks.