sections rotated same drawing

Rudbeckia

hi cad folks

I want to draw 4 sections, all rotated to a different USC angle, in the same drawing

Is this possible? how to I flip from one USC angle to the next?

In AutoCad LT? Have you moved on to full AutoCad? In AutoCad LT, since it is strictly 2D, it is better to indicate on the plan and elevation views where the view plane is by section plane call-out lines, then simply draw the 2D sections as if they were viewed looking at those section planes. You can move the UCS in LT, but you can only draw on one plane. Well, you can draw on the Z axis in LT, but it requires manipulating the Z values in the object properties. It is impractical, and nearly impossible.

yes I am in autocad full now

you mean set up different viewports in paperspace? each associated with a diiferent USC? can I do that in model space to square up the sections to draw them?

yes I am in autocad full now

you mean set up different viewports in paperspace? each associated with a diiferent USC? can I do that in model space to square up the sections to draw them?

What Remark said. I will let him finish this up since I don't have a lot of full AutoCad experience.

Will you be plotting all four sections on the same sheet? Yes? Then set up a paper space layout with four viewports and rotate your UCS in each of them.

I prefer to draw in model space and then adjust my viewports,and when I get the viewports just the way I want, I lock them.

if the sections are only rotated in paper space how do I draw the sections in model space......the sections need to be rotated square to draw them

rotate the UCS by whatever degree you need then type PLAN and choose current ucs, this will turn your drawing round so that the UCS is square again. To get back to the original change the UCS back to world and run the plan command again.