How to get more valve sizes?

xenological

Okay, so I'm working on a piping project in AutoCAD MEP 2011. I'm still fairly new to the program. Anyways, so I have to put in a lot of valves, and for some reason, AutoCAD doesn't have the sizes of certain valves I that I need. I need to put in a whole bunch of 32mm swing check valves, and while there are a few types of swing check valve available in the catalog, none of them go any smaller than 50mm... Some other valves and fittings seem to have hundreds of sizes, so why are some of them so limited?

Another related problem is that for some reason it won't let me place steel pipe under 50mm. Anybody know what's up with all this pointless size limiting??

Have you tried going to your valve manufacturers website and seeing what they have available for download?

Most manufacturers have this stuff available now.

Heres just one, look for your own valve suppliers library.

http://www.spiraxsarco.com/resources/cad-library.asp

Unless I'm missing something this does not help the original poster much, since he uses AutoCAD MEP catalog of valves and I believe those downloadable items are not AEC Objects.

To the original poster: try looking at your routing preferences and see what the range is for your pipe size. Sometimes it will only show the sizes of valves in relation to the pipe size range. And sometimes it's just the valve itself, but you usually can edit or add the needed sizes in the catalog itself if it's parametric.