Extrude and Trim Multiple Lines

Guitte

Im having difficulty to Extrude and to Trim Multiple lines to a line. I found that some of my lines have a Z-axis value, while working the whole time in 2D. Have check all the lines they are set to 0. Now, when I extrude the lines move tiny steps toward the end line. When I trim, it trims in pieces, this brings tears to my eyes to see my progress. How do I correct this problem before I start a drawing? When I start to have this problem, I used Trim/Project/View now im playing with View and None to see which one works eventually... now nothing works. Another post viewed different alignment commands and I don't find it on ACad LT. Typing in ALIGN im not sure what I should select with "first source point" and "destination point" is this only for one line or object? My problem became worse, every day and need to search and try another trick.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guitte

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• JD Mather

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you mean to write "Extend"? The variable you need to change is called EDGEMODE.

ALIGN will work on a single line or an entire object (like a block). It's proper use should be covered in your AutoCAD Help file.

Yes, thank you Remark. I even played with EDGEMODE setting it to 1 then to 0. Not sure anymore which of the threads to use, cause I still stuck with extend and trim.

Is it possible that some of your lines still have a Z greater than zero?

Attach a copy of the drawing to your next post. Someone here will take a look at it.

Having tried all these methods, can it be that if someone else is using the same drawing and modifies it, that the settings on the other persons AutoCAD is different than mine and can cause these problems?

The setting for EDGEMODE is saved in the Windows Registry and not in the individual drawing.

Please attach a copy of the drawing to your next post. Thank you.

Run these three commands on it...

1) Overkill

2) -Purge twice in a row (Regapps first; All second) - note: MUST precede command with a dash as shown

3) Audit

The commands I suggested that you use were for reducing the file size and fixing any database errors only. They have no affect on the Extend and Trim commands.

Please attach the drawing to your next post. Thank you.

Note: If the file size is still too big try zipping the drawing file first then attaching.

I have taken out all the hatching and only left a section view in, still it exceeds with 71MB. Ill try to delete more objects/lines to min the size and do the "OVERKILL"

Am I reading that correctly? The drawing file size is 71MB? If it is I doubt very seriously you'll be able to reduce the file size enough to attach it to a post. The only option would be to upload it to a file sharing site like Dropbox and post a link to it here.

Sorry, I feel like burning out here. I can only load 1KB, my drawing is 1.71KB. How do I Link the drawing?

You would need to set up an account at Dropbox or another file sharing website. Or...

...you can give us your email address, via a post, in this form: m y e m a i l a d d r e s s AT h o t m a i l DOT c o m.

Someone will contact you and you can then email the drawing to them.

Now, when I [extend] the lines move tiny steps toward the end line. When I trim, it trims in pieces,

This sounds like you are not selecting the line that you want to TRIM/EXTEND to. If you do not make that selection, AutoCAD automatically will TRIM/EXTEND to the nearest entity.

Start the command and follow the prompts given at the command line.

Hi Rob,

True, I find it much easier, faster and convenient to select trim/extend r-click and let AutoCAD automatically select the nearest entity. And yes I have tried the long way where you have to select the line where you want to trim/extend to and select the line. Just don't know why all of a sudden one has to change what you are use to? If it can be sorted, ill be a happy chappy.