PDF's created from AutoCAD showing odd glitch (not spider lines). Help?

Croweyes1121

Check out the PDF here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!PcdHDbjI!rlp9RTV75rjyFvf3JKP6KrWpZ13CcG4UQuH9CDbW3yU

It's subtle, but there's these equally-spaced, vertical lines that distort the image if you look closely. I've tried using CutePDF and DWG to PDF, changing resolutions and paper sizes...and I get the same result every time. Any idea what's causing this?

I don't see them, even after zooming in. Do they show on prints? Are they consistent in location from both PDF generators?

Yes, they're definitely in the exact same place. Look where the A and C meet in BACK. You don't see any distortion in the grey area?

It doesn't seem to, no, but the thing is, I'm wanting a clean-looking file. Print-outs aren't the destination for these, the files are. And the files don't look right. Odd thing is I can do the same procedure at home on my personal computer and this doesn't happen, so it has something to do with how the computer here in the office is set up.

It could also be the video card is not as good or the resolution for your display is set less than the recommended setting. Unfortunately, when it comes to PDFs, you have to deal with less than optimal displays.

I'm going to PNG untimately, and would like to avoid PDF altogether, but that's the only way I've found to get things to look perfect (at home). EVery permutation I've tried of WebPublish to PNG looks jaggy and awful.

I can't figure out any way to increase resolution on PNG output. I've been trying that to no end. :(

Even when I add a plotter and use TIFF or PNG, it comes out aliased. PDF is the only thing I've found that is smooth like I want it.

No other help? I just need to get a clear-looking PNG. Aliased lines will not work. I need smooth output. I've attempted adding a plotter at ever-increasing resolutions, going to PNG, to TIFF, even to JPG (I know it's lossy, but I thought maybe it would be smooth - it wasn't). Anyone know how to fix this???

The ONLY output that seems to produce the desired result is PDF. Then I open in Photoshop and crop it, save to PNG. Is there a better way?

Are you saying I should have created the original file in an image program rather than AutoCAD? Or are you saying having to jump through hoops including using an image-specializing software makes sense for the final result I'm after? Because neither is exactly helpful. It just seems astounding to me with all of AutoCAD's functionality that there isn't a way to simply plot to a presentation-quality PNG file.

Let me put it another way - if AutoCAD can send the result I want to the printer, why can't it send the same thing to a file?

AutoCAD is a vector based program. The image you are working with is raster. Would you use a faucet to get power for your audio system?

I'm working with an AutoCAD file, not a PDF file. What I'm saying is, the only way I can get a clean PNG (or any lossless image) is AutoCad > PDF > PNG. And that just seems stupid. You're telling me AutoCAD can spit out an absolutely flawless print as long as it's on a piece of paper but it can't translate the same information to a file and just keep it on the computer?

Let me spell it out for you, Y E S.

Seriously though, use the right tool for the job and you should get better results. I don't know how else to put it.

Let me spell it out for you, Y E S.

Seriously though, use the right tool for the job and you should get better results. I don't know how else to put it.

You know, all you had to say was "DWG to PDF to PNG is really the best way to get the result you're after". But thanks for being needlessly rude. I appreciate it. Maybe one day I'll have all the answers like you do and I can make others feel small for asking questions.