Hello,

I am very frustrated with a .dwg I have. I used to be able to open and work the file just fine and then one day It stopped opening. By "stopped opening", I mean I double-click the file and autoCAD's "intermediate" window - with a rendering of a stadium by Castello Architects - pops up and it says loading with a little bar in the lower right hand corner...and I can never get passes this...it just "times out"...i've waited about thirty minutes several times and it just says loading - or some times it says "blah blah file path...93%" and it just gets stuck on 93%.

Oddly enough, my coworkers in a different office - who use 2009 LT - can open the file fine. They have purged/audited and re-xref'd all the files for me and I still cannot get Autocad to load it. I can open other files fine - including each of the individual xrefs found in this file.

I have tried drawing recovery through AutoCAD's Utilities with and without xref's and sometimes it will tell me the file has no issues and then will time out when trying to open it and others it will outright time out and never respond.

I have uninstalled my AutoCAD LT 2013 program completely and reinstalled it and nothing has changed other than my settings have been reset :)

Lastly, I will say that our client is a University and has provided us linework in an xref which was produced using an Student Version Autodesk Product - and again the xrefs which were made using student versions all open fine. Its just this one file.

I have tried to attached the file multiple times but I cannot - Probably because it is 7MB...I know how does a dwg become 7MB in size - there is a large resterized image placed in the file...I would remove it if I could...if someone if willing to let me email the file to them so they could have a look I would greatly appreciate it and am more than willing to email it.

Thanks ahead of time!

I can try looking at the file in about 30 minutes. Add your email address to your next post like this: e d o l l 1 2 3 at U N V dot e d u I'll contact you and we can go from there. After I have done so come back here and remove your email address from the post or delete the entire post altogether.