Mouse Pointer jumps from current location when I select object snap mode

ralcala55

When I select line the line command to draw a line and then use the shortcut menu to use an object snap mode, endpoint or mid for instance, the pointer will jump up and over or to the other display. Any ideas? Is this a driver issue? If I use an object snap mode from a tool bar I don't have an issue, but it is more convenient at times to use the shortcut (right mouse button) to select the object snap mode.

Thank you,

ralcala55

• 2 weeks later...

make sure grid snap is turned off (at the bottom of the screen, I would upload a pic but i don't know how to ) its usually checked by default in a new drawing (pain in the butt)

make sure grid snap is turned off (at the bottom of the screen, I would upload a pic but i don't know how to ) its usually checked by default in a new drawing (pain in the butt)
It's in drafting settings. Command dsettings >> Snap & Grid tab. It's not a default in new drawings, it is a system variable that will stay off once it is turned off, until messed with again. It may be a workspace property that won't take permanently unless you are saving your workspace changes.