Technical Illustration

basty

Do someone here can create a technical illustration in perspective drawing (one, two, or three-point perspective drawing) such as below image using AutoCAD or Adobe Illustrator?

eurolc90cutaway-jpg.98640

I wouldn't have thought creating the perspective would be too much trouble (just a lot of work) drawing each items perspective on it's own layer, though I do think full autocad has a perspective option, the thing that I would find nearly impossible is the "artistic" part how would you decide which parts to show and how much fading to use on others, and I think that would be better suited to either a photo or rendering program.

can you create technical illustration such as above?
Are you paying for the work or what? Are you hiring someone to do it? On second thought, I withdraw my inquiry. The dirth of information is dismaying.

The image attached is most definitely a hand drawing. If it were done using digital tools, it was done so with a Wacom drawing tablet or something comparable. Illustrator/Photoshop can produce exactly the image above.

You can certainly do it in AutoCAD but it would be an undertaking, and would still need Photohop for post image processing.

It could be done in a 3D program and rendered using a toon shader to get that illustration look. You would need to render the car body separate from the internal mechanical components, then overlay in Photoshop and mask out the areas you want to show through. I would not attempt this in Autocad though.

And as Dana asked, are you hiriing? This would be a pretty big job.

This would be a pretty big job.
It's a big job indeed if it were modeled in 3D and rendered. A professional illustrator could take some digital pictures and put them on a layer in their software of choice and fade them to trace over it with ease. I've seen YouTube videos of illustrators who can recreate images like this in no time. I've been on the verge of buying myself a Wacom tablet for quite some time and just haven't bit the bullet yet, so I've been doing my research.