convert inventor files to DSTV or NC1 files

hassebassie

That's the company I also found on internet. I send them an e-mail 2 days ago, but I haven't heard from them yet.

Does anyone have any experience with the program?

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
We bought Steel Process PLM to create NC1 (DSTV) from IPT files. Works great. http://www.steel-projects.net/en

Hello,

Can you tell me how you do that. I'm using Inventor as well and we have got Steel Projects just installed. But I have to export my parts to DXF files before I can import them in the program. Very time consuming. I'm not able to make DSTV files from within Inventor that can be imported to Steel Project.

HELP

Toon

Our workflow is to export from IPT to STEP then import STEP into Steel Projects. Once inside SP, you can export NC1. Steel Projects sells different import modules with their software. We chose STEP since it was the fastest method (a lot quicker than exporting dxf).

Hello Rickchrishowe,

That does sound like a better way of doing things. When you export and import a STEP file does it contain the information for threated holes and stuff like countersink?

Toon

Hello again, I got to try it yesterday but I was disappointed. My test piece was imported but all my features were showing as holes. No threaded holes, no countersink. Did I do something wrong?

Possibly. Hard to say. We don't do many tapped holes or countersinks here. I know there are settings for STEP export and import that can impact the process. What are you importing the STEP into?

I'm using Inventor 2016 to export IPT files into STEP files and then I import them into Steel Projects to use with our Ficep Excalibur drilling line. We do a lot of tapped holes here, that is the reason we bought the machine in the first place, to help speed things up. I found a company that could makes DSTV files from IPT but they couldn't recognize tapped holes either. But nevertheless STEP is an improvement over DXF as I don't have to export drawings into DXF and then define all the sides.

I'm assuming you've tried this already, but in case not, I would recommend contacting Steel Project's technical support people. We find them to be very helpful and engaging when it comes to fixing bugs.

• 1 month later...

Afternoon all,

I just tried to post a reply and it doesn't look like it worked. Apologies if you get this twice.

I have used a company to convert my 3D parts into Nc files.

I sent them an iges file (I believe they accept others) and they can convert them into Nc files for drilling lines.

I sent over beams and box section parts. Worked well for me.

Email for reference :

Ncdstv@gmail.com

Hope this helps