Create 3D models on top of 2D blueprint including perspective

Makube

Hello,

New here and new to CAD as well!

apd plan.jpg

I work with making graphic layouts for a construction company. I send out information layouts where we basically coulor different parts of 2D blueprints in order to show where different things happen on the construction sites.

I found this picture and realized the technique used would improve my work. Is this done in CAD?

Since I always start with 2D blueprints I have to make 3D buildings and perspective changes in Adobe Illustrator and it's a painfull process: therefore I never do it, not worth the time. But maybe this could be done in CAD?

Best regards,

Makube

That could have been done in SketchUp although something similar could be done in CAD as well.

NewPerspective.jpg

A hastily thrown together example using AutoCAD. Sorry but I didn't have anything that quite matched up to your example.

+1 on the SketchUp plug. One could do this in Blender (or any other general 3D program, Max, Maya, Lightwave, etc..) as well. Not as easy to do as in SketchUp but doable none the less. Anyway SketchUp Pro will allow you to bring in the DWG files and then sketch over them with 3D shapes and objects. You can apply textures or colors and set opacity as needed.

Very easy to do.

Edit: I moved this thread out of AutoCAD as it is not really AutoCAD related.