how to make a teeth of a spur gear

lulumara

Can anyone show me how to make a gear teeth of a spur gear step by step using any given diameter and some values such as base circle ,addedum,pitch diameter etc. Thanks :( :glare:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Try this

Aled Taylor

Was looking for a good LISP for 2d gears. This one is the most most precise and best one yet.

Thanks,

Chief

• 2 years later...
how to use lisp file in autocad?

Hi and welcome to the forum. The post from CadTutor a bit higher up (#5) includes a link to a tutorial that will explain how to use a Lisp in AutoCAD. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Is this gear model to be manufactured from, i had a play with creating a helical gear using the sweep command, which works really well and creates a great look but probably not accurate enough for manufacturing.

• 3 months later...

That lisp file 2dgear is pretty cool ... if you just want to play around. So is that internet link me-bak, cool if you want to play around. In the real world you need to specify more variables and if you want to machine a part, you need to be able to generate NC code. I've not seen anyone do it better than Esprit. Problem with Esprit is that it's expensive. But dog garn it, it's EASY and let's you specify all the variables that are needed in the real world. Major and minor diameters are just as important as the tooth thickness or circular space width. You can also apply corner radii.

I'm at a new company now and stuck with AutoCAD and it is very lacking. I miss my Esprit. Oh well.