Will an Intel i5-3570K CPU w/ 8gig of ram and HD 4000 graphics (onboard) run SU Pro?

Sid

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sid

• f700es

• tzframpton

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

I would uninstall completely. Do you have any 3rd party add ons installed as well?

Will do, f700es. Don't have anything else installed related to SU, but, for future reference should those be dumped, too? Will report back later with results. BTW, thanx!

Sid

Shucks! Sean, after reinstalling SketchUp (trial version--I haven't purchased it yet) I waited a timed five minutes before terminating the process in Windows Task Manager. Before that, I had clicked on the desktop shortcut and had to leave my computer for a short time (how long?????). When I returned shortly after, SU had opened and was asking for the choice of a template. After selecting a template, the program froze again, and, after several minutes waiting, I terminated. Thus, same old, same old.

Sid

I run SU on a dual core athlon II x2 with an on board ati card. Way less than your setup and it runs smoothly. Something else going on.

Have you tried opening Sketchup by double clicking on an existing .skp file rather than the desktop icon? I don't know if it will help you or not, but I have seen people with this same issue on other forums say it worked for them.

• 2 years later...

So sorry for having taken forever getting back to this thread. Here's what I've done that solved my problems very nicely:

1) Upgraded Win8 to Win10.

2) Added an inexpensive Quadro K420 card.

3) Added a Samsung 27" monitor.

Things are going swimmingly now!

I greatly appreciate all the great suggestions you guys have made. All very good food for thought. Thank you!