Hi All - First post AutoCad 2010 Issue

samhain1

Hi all,

I am a novice autocad user (but good with PC's) but my father in law is an expert architect so between us we hope we can effectively use Autocad 2010.

The first problem I have is causing serious frustration. I have an HP 7610 Officejet which is an A3 printer. I have created a landscape drawing in a layout (layout 4) and to maximise the A3 paper I have put information in the drawing right up to the edge of the paper. I have selected A3 edge to edge in page setup for layout 4, and x and y is 0.00mm. When I do a print preview the drawing looks very good and all visible and intact inside the document.

However, when I print off via my A3 printer, part of the text on the bottom right hand side corner (it's probably the whole way up but that's the only corner with text in it) has not been printed and has been cut off, presumably because it sees some kind of margin.

I have wasted a lot of paper (and ink) trying all kinds of different settings but I am having zero luck printing to the edge of the A3 paper.

The gap to the right hand side of the paper is about 18mm

Thank you kindly and please help

I don't think that printer model supports what is called "full bleed", where it will literally print to the edge of the paper. Full Bleed, or "zero margin" is often used when creating image outputs such as PDF's or Raster Images.

AutoCAD certainly gives you control on overriding and ignoring printer margins, which is why you're plot preview is deceptively confusing you. So, best thing to do is find the margin information and make sure those are in tact when you select the A3 sized paper. Or, keep nudging the text/objects away from the edge until you are satisfied.

Hope this helps. :)

Try 6mm inside the true sheet size ie 409x286 the reason for 6mm is a lot of the current printers will do up to 5mm from edge you need 1 more mm so that you do not lose the last edge line.

Almost forgot if you measure the border that was plotted that is your HARD CLIP LIMIT

Is it a common practice in your country and the architectural discipline to put text and linework right up to the edge of a sheet?

Hi thanks for the response.

Not sure if it's a country thing to put text to the outer margin, I just know that my father in law who is the architect likes it that way, and he knows what he likes !! LOL

Using Tabloid - small margin, I have managed to get the right hand side of the A3 paper to print to 6mm from edge of paper but the left is 16mm. So the printer seems to be able to stretch to a narrow margin at one side but can't quite manage both.