Title Block / Units not in sync

Qgcad

When I create a new paper space layout, and set the paper size to ARCH D, the page does not actually measure 24" x 36". It measures something like 914 'units'.

The drawing itself is drawn in meters, but under units 'unitless' is selected.

The question is why does my title block which actually measures 24 x 36, only a fraction of the size of the page which I have selected to be ARCH D.

I can see a bit of an issue because the drawing is in meters, but if i select ARCH D as my page/paper size, and insert my ARCH D title block, should it not fit perfectly?:?:?

Run the command -dwgunits (with the dash) to see what units you really are working with.

There was an almost identical thread here about 3 weeks ago, or more. I cannot find it right now, but someone else will remember it and dig it up for you, I am sure. Reading through it will solve your issues.

If your drawing is in meters, why are you using an imperial measurement paper size? The paperspace units are NEVER unitless. You have to use either inches or millimeters in paperspace. Look at the page setup dialog box. There is a place to change the paperspace units. You should set it to inches if you have to use the Arch D size. However, I would use a metric paper size and title block that your plotter can handle. The viewport scaling math will be easier if you do.

Now, you have to adjust your viewport scale to get things in meters to plot at a usable scale. The viewport scales that come with AutoCad are expressed in the ratio of ONE paperspace unit equals "HOW MANY" modelspace units. Example 1:50 means one millimeter = 50 meters in your case. This isn't going to work unless your drawing is as big as Australia, so you will have to add a scale to your scale list that will work.

I have to run an errand, back later.

Unfortunately the drawing is already in metres, and arch D is the normal paper size we plot on.

I guess the question is why does my arch d title block not actually fit into my arch d paper space layout?

From the sound of it your drawing is setup as metric, which will allow a paper size of arch D and this is automatically scaled correctly, but it sounds like your title block isn't scaling up, it has something to do with 'insunits' but the easiest method is just scale up your title block by 25.4

When I create a new paper space layout, and set the paper size to ARCH D, the page does not actually measure 24" x 36". It measures something like 914 'units'.

The drawing itself is drawn in meters, but under units 'unitless' is selected.

The question is why does my title block which actually measures 24 x 36, only a fraction of the size of the page which I have selected to be ARCH D.

I can see a bit of an issue because the drawing is in meters, but if i select ARCH D as my page/paper size, and insert my ARCH D title block, should it not fit perfectly?:?:?

You are mixing imperial and metric and it never works out well. The size of the title block needs to be in mm and not inches. When it plots it will be approx 36x24, but in autocad it needs to be in mm, an A1 sheet is approx 841X594mm. If you need an exact Arch D size then do the math, 36 * 25.4, and 24 * 25.4.

OK, then. Why do I get the feeling that the OP just got overwhelmed and left? Oh, I know. It's because the OP did not say whether or not the problem got resolved, nor how it got resolved if it did.

How old are you, 12? You must feel pretty tough behind your computer screen with sarcastic comments like that.

1) The OP did not get overwhelmed.

2) The OP did not leave.

3) Problem is resolved.

4) I just scaled the title block up by 25.4

Thanks again to those who had suggestions and recommendations.

I was starting to think this was a great CAD community until I read hasty comments from Dana W.

A simple ' Did you resolve your issue?' would have done the trick just fine, tough guy.

I was starting to think this was a great CAD community until I read hasty comments from Dana W.

Why do you base your overall opinion of the entire forum and all it's members on a single comment from 1 person? You received assistance in this thread from 4 members, but because one of them made a comment, now you have doubts about the community?

A simple ' Did you resolve your issue?' would have done the trick just fine

Be careful where you point your finger because that same sentiment can also be applied towards you. In your previous post you could have said "Thanks for all the replies, problem solved." Those 2 extra words would have also done the trick and prevented all of this.

I do not think Dana's comment was necessary, although I really don't think he meant anything by it, but by the same token, your heated reply was not necessary either.

Please try to be remain civil and respectful of others when interacting in the forum. If you feel there is a problem, just report it and let us sort it out. This applies to everyone, not just Qgcad.

I was going to write something more, but just shrugged instead.

At least we now have a solution to the issue, so that others in the future will understand the problem more completely.

A quick guide to the helpfullness of people on this site is to look at number of posts you have 7 Dana has close to 3000. You dont get to big numbers by not helping.