Re: Fatal Error!!Help Needed Please and Thanks

snowmantree

Hi all,

Im new here and I would appreciate help to my problem with CAD.

I am using Autocad 2009 (Full) on Windows 7 x86/32bit machine. I keep getting a fatal error in drawings it could be when I open the a file, switching from model to paper, doing a plot command.... pretty much random enough! I have done a repair, uninstall/reinstall.....I have done the same to the .Net Framework too! I have attached the error message that pops up.... :unsure::x Thanks

Fatal Error.doc

Edited by snowmantree

2009 is old enough that the problem is probably Win 7, you may check the Autodesk website but they probably don't list Win 7 as being supported.

2009 is old enough that the problem is probably Win 7, you may check the Autodesk website but they probably don't list Win 7 as being supported.

I have 2009 LT and it works perfectly on a Win 7 64 bit laptop, and works except for some graphics issues on a 64 bit win 8 machine, but you are right, neither system is supported for 2009. The full 2009 version probably has more problems with 7 and 8 than LT though. You can try a virtual OS like Crossbow or something so you can run it in XP mode.

2009 is a pretty stable release when running in the proper system environment.

A side note: Those sorts of errors occur when program code goes stomping around in physical memory addresses where it don't belong. Usually it is portions of memory reserved for the operating system, so it is quite likely an incompatability problem.