Custom Poly line/Path Array

Automonkey

Hello Y'all,

In short I am looking to find a way to make a path array with changing lengths in between whenever there is a kink or turn in the polyline. For example, if I had a simple square "[]" and wanted to array circles around it, how would I make an array in which everytime there is a turn the path lengths between the circles before and after the turns have a different specific distance from the global array distance? Refer to the photo

Custom Array.jpg

I am well aware of being able to manually adjust arrays by Ctrl clicking but in essence I am looking for a more automated way and if possible a more rule based array. Any ideas? Thank you!

Edited by Automonkey

Using a pline you can do it two ways if you look at Measure it asks for a Block you pre make a circle, then distance, all done, explode circles if required. 2nd is use a lisp lots available to do this task search for say "points along pline".

Thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully I was clear in my request but from my understanding measure pretty much does what divide would do with a block but with a specific distance. In essence, its a ghetto way to do path array. What I need is to have a path array with more control or constraints so that there is a global distribution but also local conditions when there are kinks or turns. SO while I'd like to have circles distributed "X" amount throughout a polyline, whenever there is a kink or turn (change in continuity) the length along the path between a circle before the turn and after is different from "X" in this case "Y".

Understand check distance between vertices and determine some rule hole not to close to vertice so adjust. As I said before search for "points along pline" as a start.

I dont have anything but maybe some one does you need to tell us the rules to apply .

Also a pick segment start dist + spacing like your sketch only 2 sides.

"you need to tell us the rules to apply"

I already stated...hopefully its clear enough. I'll say it again, I need to make a path array with "X" length in between objects (which you can achieve with the path array command inputting the distance between #) but whenever there is a kink/turn/change in continuity that number changes to another value "Y" and yes as an example my image shows that but obviously not a fully completed iteration.