problem with dimensioning

AutoCAD 2013 Vanilla problem. Textsize is set to 2.5. I draw a rectangle in model space and set dimscale to 5. Then dimension the rectangle. When I select the dimension text Mtext show it as 2.5 instead of 12.5. If I explode the dimension Mtext will show text to be 12.5. Never had this problem in previous versions of autocad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The usual way is to set the text height to zero in the text style, then set the dim style text height to 12.5 while using that text style in the dim style.

Thank you fro your response. you have to follow the procedure I described. You will then see that Mtext dose not report the proper height. the text style is set to 0. what happens in the company I work for they refuse to use paper space and viewports. So they place the title block in model space and then scale up the title block which in turn you need to set the dimscale to the same value you have scale up the title block so that text will scale up to a readable size. I have been trying to get them to change for the last 6 years but we have people who are very old school and will not change from they way then did it before dos autocad 11.

.... what happens in the company I work for they refuse to use paper space ....

I bet I could convince them to change in 5 minutes.

I bet I could convince them to change in 5 minutes.

I bet you could JD, and I would love to watch you, as no doubt your argument would be quite compelling. :beer:

Even without unleashing Inventor on them!

Have you checked that the dimension style has annotative switched off? If it's annotative then dimscale will not work.