Profile View Band style

Brad V

I have created two profiles on one profile view, an existing ground and a design profile. I am trying to edit the Elevations and Stations Profile Data to display the existing and proposed elevations at the major stations. The default settings show it getting elevations from profile 1 and profile 2. When I created my existing ground profile both fields were filled (EG and FG) even though I only had one profile. Now that I have created my design profile how do I adjust the settings to recognize the design profile as profile 2 for the FG elevation?

Thanks for any help.

This could be one of a few things; some screen shots, and/or sample drawing may help us offer more precise answers.

That said, be sure to check both the Profile View's Properties, and Band Style itself.

For the former, on the 'Bands' tab, ensure that the Band Type element correctly specifies Profile1, and Profile2 (scroll to right)... For the latter, on the 'Band Details' tab for both the Major and Minor Station under 'Labels and ticks', 'Compose label...', 'Layout' tab, be sure that your second element correctly references Profile2 in the Text Contents Expression.

Cheers

I have attached the drawing I created to use while figuring this out. After checking I believe all the settings were as you mentioned. I edited the Major Stations for the EG and FG, adding an "EG" and "FG" in front of each elevation, so I know that the Major Stations were set to Profile 2.

Thank you for your response. I'm the only drafter for a 3 person firm and learning civil 3d on the job, so there's no one in the office to turn to with questions, literally.

Profile Practice.dwg

Thank you for your response. I'm the only drafter for a 3 person firm and learning civil 3d on the job, so there's no one in the office to turn to with questions, literally.

No worries; we all start somewhere. :thumbsup:

... After checking I believe all the settings were as you mentioned. I edited the Major Stations for the EG and FG, adding an "EG" and "FG" in front of each elevation, so I know that the Major Stations were set to Profile 2.

Give the Profile View's Properties a second look :)....

That said, be sure to check both the Profile View's Properties, and Band Style itself.

For the former, on the 'Bands' tab, ensure that the Band Type element correctly specifies Profile1, and Profile2 (scroll to right).

Here's a quick video clip to demonstrate.

Cheers

That's what I wanted. Thanks so much. So many little details to go through now.

You're welcome, Brad; I'm happy to help. :beer:

Back to this profile again. I now need to see the EG and FG elevation at the minor stations too. I'm pretty sure I changed a setting to not show them, but I can't find it again. I've watched several tutorials that show those elevations, but none touch on editing them.

Thanks again for any help.

Back to this profile again. I now need to see the EG and FG elevation at the minor stations too. I'm pretty sure I changed a setting to not show them, but I can't find it again. I've watched several tutorials that show those elevations, but none touch on editing them.

First place I'd look within the Profile Data Band Style, is the Band Details tab, Labels and ticks section, select Minor Station, and then the Compose label... button. Within the Label Style Composer dialog, on the General tab, ensure that Label Visibility is set to True.