Fillet Probelm

Spaj

Hi

I have a problem drawing a fillet between the geometry below. when using the FILLET command the arc always reverts to position 1-3. Is there a way to consistently fillet between point 1-2. This problem also seems to affect the CIRCLE command using the TanTanRadius option.

Capture.jpg

The placement of your picks determines the position of the fillet. It takes practice to determine where it will be placed in relation to your picks. Picking near where you want the fillet helps. In this case, I would pick near the midpoint/quadrant of the arc and then pick the line near the #1. I'm pretty sure in 2015 there is a preview before you pick the 2nd point. That doesn't help now but it something to look forward to.

Hi

AFAIK the fillet preview has been a feature at least from 2012 onwards. The problem is, no matter where you pick on the small arc (top or bottom) the fillet remains at position 3. Have you managed to create the desired result with your suggestion?

I have tried with no success.

I was wrong about the preview function and I had not tried to draw the fillet. It seems that AutoCAD will not do it as you stated. I even tried using a small circle instead of an arc and cannot get it to go on the other side. It looks like you may have to find a different geometric solution.

Not sure why AutoCAD's FILLET doesn't cycle through all available options with an arc, but as an alternative, perhaps turn the arc section into a polyline. (or Circle > TTR, then TRIM)

Fillet - Line-Arc.gif

Thanks Nestly! This works well, been scratching my head over this for a while, but now try with Trim ON.

BTW Also tested with Circle > TTR and exhibits the same problem but not in all cases, strange.

Edited by Spaj

I can still FILLET to either side of the polyline arc with TRim mode on, but the line doesn't necessarily trim as expected

I haven't run into any issues using CIRCLE > TTR. Pick order and pick location determine the results.

Circle - TTR.gif