Need Help creating an abnormal shaped solid

Reijek

Ok so my goal is to create an abnormal shaped solid using the loft command or which ever way is recommended. I have tried a few different ways to do so, originally I created 4 different 2D shapes in the same fashion as displayed in the details for the loft command as can be seen the following image. [ATTACH=CONFIG]49897[/ATTACH]

This way was unsuccessful as I was getting an error for cross sectional vertices not being equivelant or something along those lines. So then I attempted to do it with polyline segments rather than shapes as can be seen in LoftTest1.dwg [ATTACH]49899[/ATTACH]

This was also unsuccessful as I receive a Modeling Operation Error: Access violation after selecting the top two polylines.

So where I'm at now was to compromise some of the desired design of having a rounded smooth tapering solid(which if there is a better way to obtain this please let me know) and have created a lofted surface, Added a thickness to it using the thicken command and now attempting to subtract it from a solid, separate the solid box after the lofted surface is subtracted out, deleting the north half(if viewed in top view) and union the original lofted surface to the southern half to create the desired solid. From there I plan on rounding edges and tapering north to south(top view)

The biggest problem I am running into now is that it won't let me subtract the lofted surface from the rectangular solid giving an 'Inconsistent face-body relationships' error

[ATTACH]49900[/ATTACH]

Any help would be greatly appreciated

All of your attachments are invalid thus we cannot see what you are talking about. Can you attach a copy of the drawing to your next post or is the file size too large?

Must be an internal (IT) setting then. Thanks for posting the DWG files.

I almost got it but the top edge is giving me fits. Maybe it needs to be reworked.

Edited by ReMark

... I created 4 different 2D shapes ...

Only need 2 in this case. The beginning and end profiles.

... and union the original lofted surface to the southern half to create the desired solid.

Don't need the Thicken, simply Slice with Surface option.

Well, I ended up using Sculpt rather than Slice (see attached).

I left all 4 profiles there, but only used 2 of them for the Loft.

Sculpt.dwg

Ahh thank you all for your feedback I'm on vacation currently so when I return I'll play around with the ideas and see if I can get my desired result. I'll keep you guys updated when I return! Thanks again