Paper Space View Port Scale Control

Tappet

Hi All,

I am a newbie to this site.

An issue with view port scaling has occurred, & I cannot find a solution anywhere, so I'm wondering if you can help.

I use LT 2011, and have set new layers in a dwt file I intend to split into various disciplines for use later.

The problem I have is to do with the view port scale control, in PS. The template was originally set in metric, to view the paper space @ 1:1. But somewhere along the way, this was altered to 1:30. (Not certain where or when).

Trouble is, I cannot change this value back to 1:1 - no matter what I do.

Been through and cleared out the scale list of extraneous listings; have tried to set the scale from both the list & manual entries; have changed the view port scale (ms set) to 1:100 & then tried again, all to no avail.

I would love to change the template to a new one, but I have just shy of 500 layers set, and use layer filters extensively - and I am unable to export the filters to another template - so I'm committed to working this little dilemma out.

I've attached an image of the scale control (just to be sure I have described the problem clearly).

If anyone can offer me another option, or a fix, I will be great full.

Thanks,

Tappet. http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/images/smilies/confused.png

Scale.jpg

Is the viewport in question locked or on a locked layer?

enter / activate or select the viewport and try adjusting this value?

Thanks for the reply.

No layers are locked.

There are no view ports in the layouts - I've deleted these to ensure that only the paper space is available.

I am trying to set the paper space ratio scale to 1;1 - It currently is 1:30. I assume (maybe incorrectly) that this will create scaling issues with blocks brought into the dwg in the paper space Eg a title block. I will try this shortly. I also observed this issue on a layout at work - the paper space scale was "scaled to fit." Could this have something to do with the dwg limits?

If the layout sheet is always drawn @ 1:1 in paper, why would there be a need to have access to the scale box in paper space? Should it not be 'grayed' out?

Hi Rob Draw,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, but my 2011 version doesn't have a save feature, as shown above.

Can I build a button in the customisation dialog box?

Slightly confused about your scale query.

Paper space is always 1:1 that I'd by its nature correct. Its representative of paper. Of what will be printed A1 size or A0 etc

You have to have a viewport to access the viewport scale feature. Which is your portal to model space. This is set to scale down model space onto your paper.

Create a viewport. Click, set the scale accordingly. Check your measurements and that should be it!