How to re-specify a font in multi-line text.

Bogbadbob658

I've been sent a file which uses a TT font which I don't. Although they have specified a style and assigned the missing font to it they have also specified the font as an over ride in all of multi-line text. Is there any way I can re-specify the font in the multi-line text without having to highlight every piece of text and selecting a different font?

Can you qselect all the multi line text and change the font and/or override in the properties dialog?

EDIT: Well, there is a button on the Contents item that brings up the mtext editor but it won't let me change the font, so that's not it. Sorry, maybe someone else knows.

Short answer - no. Because they have selected the text and given it an override to change the font (you can see the overrides in the contents line of the properties), no matter what I do it will not change the override unless I highlight the text and change the override. You will see what I mean if you try type something using mtext then highlight a couple of words you can override any of the style options. If you the select the text and use the properties box to change something e.g the font, it will change everything without an override but not the bits with an override.

I've tried to font map but without any success. Not sure I have the correct name for the missing font.

What is the name of the font which you need?

More than likely the easiest solution would be asking them, or other forum members if anybody has it.

It sounds to me like you have turned off the missing font message dialog, as your default, which would identify any missing fonts correctly. In Options, go to the SYSTEM tab, and turn the HIDDEN MESSAGE back on.

Much easier to obtain the font, than to have to mess around with overrides.

find the missing font.JPG

StripMText lisp --> here

Nice tip nestly!

I rarely have these sort of issues, but as this lisp works with Tables, it could come in handy.

At times dealing with text sizes and such in a table will drive me nuts. :beer:

Sorry it taken me a while to come back and thank everyone for their help. The lisp routine worked really well.