How to save various plotter/printer settings ...

Hi all,

I am using Auto Cad 2013, while printing/plotting I am always setting printer name its properties and plot style, but I am working for different projects so it is not possible to always choose "previous plot". For different projects I have to choose different settings, plot styles......etc. Is there any alternative to Save various plotter/printer settings and to be choosed when we need.

Under plotting you can save plot settings top left. I suggest do this in your DWT set it all up apply to layout then Cancel it will remember the settings. Also same thing top left IMPORT pull settings from another dwg.

Thank you bigal,

I understand that first I need apply settings to the template file then I have to cancel, but I don't know the location of template file even I don't know which template file is been linked with this dwg.....Could u please tell how to apply changes to template file and where it is located.....really I don't have Idea regarding template file, lisp files. etc......

Thank you bigal and remark for your comments, I have saved settings in dwt file, but here I noticed one more thing, template file is located in my local system and I am working on various drawings of other projects they have different printer setting once I apply changes to templates that means it will shows only for which I saved for particular printer......in this way It remember only one setting.

You want to look into page set-ups and the page set-up manager. I have several standard ones that can be imported into any file. Once there, they are available from the page set-up drop down menu and can be applied to layouts permanently so that a particular one is set for the next time the drawing is opened.

Edited by RobDraw

Explore the -PLOT command (note the leading hyphen)

You can write a script fairly easy to set the page setup parameters.

;example
-plot
_Yes
(getvar"ctab")
myprinter.pc3
34x22
inches
landscape
_No
Layout
1:1
_Yes
color.ctb
_Yes
_No
_Yes
_No
_No
_Yes
_No

Another alternative is to import a page setup from the template drawing (Page Setup Manager > Import button)

A bit more for when you do NEW

Options > Files > Template Settings > Default Template name for QNEW

Put your DWT on server and change the config to the correct file location.

Existing dwg like I said before use Import from your dwt.