Creating Surface Profile

davidpalevich

Hey everyone. I am new to AutoCad due to the fact that I am helping out my father-in-law with his Civil Engineering business. I need help with surface profile view. I have created the alignment and created the profile (in model view) but when it generated the numbers were all on top of each other and its a giant mess. How do I fix this with out trying to individually move each number and try and find a spot for it.

command: editdrawingsettings, see what your scale is set at if you have your text in profile set to say 5, and your scale is set to custom scale of 1 it will be huge! Change either the text size in the settings or the scale size in editdrawingsettings

Hope this helps

You need to look at your profile styles you used for the labels. Also post in the Civil 3D group for more help.

1+

Select your the C3D Object in model space, right click and select *Style Properties, or *Label Style Properties and modify as needed - Styles are annotative, so you adjust them for the resultant paper space text size, and adjust your drawing's scale in model space.

HTH