Auto Dimensioning

Jake8090

Hello everyone.

Some time ago I came accross a patch or attachment which could be purchased that provided automatic dimentioning. However it was only available for Autocad versions up to approx 2009 or 10. Does anyone know whether or not it was ever updated or maybe adopted by autodesk. Jake8090

Quick Dimensioning ( qdim) has been available in AutoCAD for many years. It is a semi-automatic dimensioning tool. Works for several dimensioning standards, but best with Ordinate dimensioning.

Is that what you are thinking of?

Thankyou JD learned a little more that I shall be experimenting with. However this is not what I had in mind. The auto dimensioning I was referring to is shown on youtube and produced as a plug in for autocad. Although I believe it was quite expensive it was produced by Adocogit Salt and as far as I can see has never been been updated to accomodate later versions of Autocad.

all the best. Brian (Jake8090)

Sorry JD not familiar with adding urls but try this. I have pasted it from Youtube. It has not come up blue like normal, hope it works Jake8090

Sorry JD not familiar with adding urls but try this. I have pasted it from Youtube. It has not come up blue like normal, hope it works Jake8090

I downloaded a free trial of this a couple years ago, was quite interested after watching their video presentation, but my results were quite a bit less fluid, and awe inspiring. Likely my fault, but I was sorry that was how it worked out.

Edited by SLW210