I want to learn lisp

narendra

HI ALL,

I am new joiner in cadtutor and I am very much interested to learn writing LISP. Frankly I don't know any thing about lisp program rather than copying lisp files from internet.............I want to write my own LISP program......any one can help me to learn LISP as beginner.......:?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BIGAL

• samifox

• narendra

• Tharwat

I want to write my own LISP program
Just post what type of task you are trying to achieve, pick a simple task first and we can point you in the right direction, provide the steps and snippets of code so you still learn. The people here will help correct your mistakes.

You can also try Lee Mac's website. It has a lot of good information and has some tutorials on there I believe. You are also welcome to post as many questions as you like here.

Thank you all for your suggestions....Is there any video tutorials available for Lisp.....If any knows please send me link...

Is there any video tutorials available for Lisp.....If any knows please send me link...

Learning programming languages requires working hard and many hours to become familiar with functions and building or writing codes and many many more things .

So it is a matter of uncountable months and years and not days or even weeks ;)

I disagree samifox some stuff in VLISP is easier than using the ent properties using GET & PUT get-color, get-layer its more intuitive than say assoc 8.

Videos may help with some visual understanding of what is happening when you write code but the best way to learn is just years of practice with the language. Nobody can become an expert overnight. It takes a lot of your time to get good and to be able to understand most syntax and functions.

I disagree samifox some stuff in VLISP is easier than using the ent properties using GET & PUT get-color, get-layer its more intuitive than say assoc 8.

hi

thats right, after moving on to vlisp, autolisp wont be used anymore, my point is, learning autolisp can give a begginer better understanding of how things are hapaning

thats right, after moving on to vlisp, autolisp wont be used anymore...

Why not? It's all about using the right tool for the job!

Try working with Dictionaries using VL and you'll soon regret leaving Vanilla AutoLISP behind.

You can also try Lee Mac's website. It has a lot of good information and has some tutorials on there I believe. You are also welcome to post as many questions as you like here.

Thank you for the recommendation!

hi

thats right, after moving on to vlisp, autolisp wont be used anymore,

I've only heard that for the last 20 plus years......

Why not? It's all about using the right tool for the job!

Try working with Dictionaries using VL and you'll soon regret leaving Vanilla AutoLISP behind.

Its new to me, i cosider myself as intermidate autolisp programmer. I still dont qulified to abandon autolisp for vlisp. What is vanila?

He's saying that he's heard it said for the last twenty years from people that Vlisp will become all you use after you get there, and yet both are still being used.

Its new to me, i cosider myself as intermidate autolisp programmer. I still dont qulified to abandon autolisp for vlisp. What is vanila?

The non vlisp autolisp.

Vanilla=regular lisp, but sounds alot better than "regular"

Thank you all for your useful comments.........let me expect that I can start write basic scripts..definitely I will come to all to ask more regarding this subject...