SHX linetypes not plotting and currupting the drawing

DavyCrockett

We have recently upgraded from 2011 to 2012. We use a SHX file for custom instrument signal line types. Now when we plot our drawings the lines will change style. This is a random thing. Sometimes they will plot fine and sometimes not. When the lines change you can load the SHX file and regen and WALA! the line styles return to normal. We have had AutoCAD look at it with no help and some ACAD gurus. No help in solving the problem. Has anyone run into this?

We have tried both local and network file location. Network is our standard. Not sure what other files you might need. Just let me know. Any help on this would be great. This is driving us crazy every time we batch plot files and then have to go back and open each individual file, fix them & replot them. I added a good plot and a bad plot of a drawing so you can see what is actually going on with the lines.

arcoline.zip

MPE-2711-001-227 (GOOD).pdf

MPE-2711-001-227 (BAD).pdf

Carefully review the command line history when a drawing opens in "bad" mode. I suspect the SHX file is either not being found or a substitute SHX (maybe even a "font" shx file, as opposed to a "shape" shx file) is being used.

The file will load fine and looks fine. When you plot the file these 'shx' line types change. It is a hit or miss. It will plot fine 2 or 3 times in a row and then not. It is a random outcome.