Trying to DWG a Auger in 3D

wilfredo_torres

Trying to DWG a Auger in 3D but can not find the way to do so. Using AutoCAD 2000 yes it still works, Tryed to use Extrude and Revolve commands but it did not work. what am i missing to do this or what are the steps for it.

Welcome to the Forum, Wilfredo_torres!

It will be useful to post a skecth (even found on Internet) of what you want to model; seems that there were more than one item named "auger". But since most looks to involved a helicoidal shape, I suggest you to check for an AutoLISP routine that draw such and use that as path for an extrude operation.

Auger1.jpg

Similar to this? I used the built-in Helix command and swept the blade profile along it. You'll have to use the Extrude command.

A link to another helix.lsp routine written by forum member mfuccaro and originally posted here at CADTutor.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-1396.html

Edited by ReMark

I used the built-in Helix command ....

Just to avoid confusing the OP, the Helix command was not added to AutoCAD till r2007, you will have to use the LISP routine linked by ReMark.