How to key in a point (ñ20,0) while creating a 3dface.

wilsonloo1989

This point(ñ20,0) is actually from a book of Autocad 2010 & Autocad LT 2010 Bible.

I find no ways to key in this point(ñ20,0) while creating a 3dface.

Could some1 or pros tell me what is d meaning of this symbol ñ and how to key in this point ( ñ20,0).

Pls feel free to ans my question

Thanking you guys in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I only know two characters (besides numbers) that one uses when entering coordinates: # and @ - those are used to shift between relative and absolut. Is it possible that the book asks you to key in a # or a @ ?

Thanks for answer to my question. I have upload a page of my book(containing the symbol of ñ), pls take a look at it. thanks a lot.:D

3dface(ñ20,0).jpg

I think it is just a typo. Ignore it.

Actually it may be denoting that the 20 should have a negative value (i.e. -20,0).

Edited by ReMark

I think it is just a typo. Ignore it.[/QUOT

Yup, i think so 2. i had tried ignore it and key in the value (20,0) but cant get d exact drawing(as below). :?

drawing.jpg

That exercise was originally included the the 2004 version of the same book and the last coordinates given were -20,0 so I'm guessing the symbol you see is being used to denote a negative number. Try again.

That exercise was originally included the the 2004 version of the same book and the last coordinates given were -20,0 so I'm guessing the symbol you see is being used to denote a negative number. Try again.

Thanks a lot ... i think i can get it dy..:thumbsup:

AB23-01.PNG

I did the exercise and this is the result. Some things to keep in mind.

1. Units need to be set to architectural.

2. The "@" symbol is required as part of your input.

3. You are drawing the white rectangle seen above in plan view THEN you are copying it twice basically right on top of itself. It is not until you switch to a SE isometric view will you see the other two rectangles colored red and cyan in my image above. How can they be higher? Because the inputs for the copy command specify an X, Y and Z coordinate. Example: @0,0,3' The 3' is the Z coordinate. Got it? Good. Now go do it. I know you can.

2. The "@" symbol is required as part of your input.

I am sure it was a typo.

Not sure if this is relevant in this case, but several years ago AutoCAD changed from a default of Absolute (#) coordinate entry to a default of Relative (@) coordinate entry. This can cause confusion. Simply use the appropriate modifier (@ or #) that would make logical sense for the problem.

I think it is just a typo. Ignore it.

Actually it may be denoting that the 20 should have a negative value (i.e. -20,0).

In the 2012 version of the printed book it does have -20,0 . So it may be a typo when it was converted to the E-book version.

It could also be an extended ASCII character code 164 which is the Spanish letter enye lower case n with a tilde. Or it could be unicode (U+00F1).

Were you able to complete the exercise?

not yet to complete d exercise but i think can do it. BIG thanks to ReMark:D

• 1 month later...

Could some1 or pros tell me what is d meaning of this symbol ñ and how to key in this point ( ñ20,0).

Looks Spanish to me...