Office reconfiguration

Frannym

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me. I am trying to reconfigure an office. I know that by using the XL command I can create construction lines (?) I want to be able to increase decrease the metres within the space (i.e the walls) but I don't know how to...can anyone help please?

Thank you

Franny

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tiger

• ReMark

• Frannym

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

XL will invoke the XLine command which is used for construction lines.

Can you attach a copy of the drawing to your next post? Thanks.

Hi Guys,

So I am trying to reconfigure this office, and unfortunately my skills set where this is concerned is somewhat basic, I know what I need to do but someone I cannot translate the knowledge from my brain to my fingertips…..

So Ops1 is what I want to create and current as you may suspect is the current set up. For some reason I cannot send either file as CAD as it says I an exceeding the forum file size??

The Rooms I need to reconfigure arer RS.01, 02 *& 03 & then create a 4th which will be the new meeting area I know that it is all down to command ‘XL’ and then off setting (whatever that means..) each of the 3 offices will be 2833mm and then the conference and meeting room will be roughly I think 5376.

I would be grateful for any advice you can give me please.

Big thanks

Franny

OP1A.pdf

ART 6th Flr Current.pdf

So in essence you want to have four spaces (offices and conference room) now where once there were three (offices). Is that correct?

OfficeOffset.jpg

Something like this perhaps?

Edited by ReMark

Wow, that was even less helpful that normal ReMark.

The command XL or XLINE will give you a continous, never-ending line. I think you will be more suited to use the command PL or PLINE to create polylines for your rooms. Also the commands DIVIDE and MEASURE will help you with placing Points at given intervals or distances along a line. If you don't see any points after you have run the command, change the setting of PDMODE to something other than 0 (I use 35).

the command RECTANGLE will give you a rectangle, and as I said previous, the command OFFSET will let you copy a line a certain distance away from the original line.

I hope you will return if you get caught again, there are plenty of people here that are willing to help :)

I was not responding to the OP Tiger I was responding to mike's post. And thanks once again for your astute observations. I notice you never seem to chime in when I am thanked for my help. Why is that?

I would not waste my time using Divide or Measure. I would draw a single line the width of the room and offset it the required number of times. And as far as the Rectangle command goes Tiger you should warn the OP that if she were to use the Offset command on it then the ENTIRE rectangle is offset not just the side she picked.

Edited by ReMark

I was not responding to the OP Tiger I was responding to mike's post. And thanks once again for your astute observations. I notice you never seem to chime in when I am thanked for my help. Why is that?

I did not know I needed to pat you on your back when you do something good.

Hi Mark,

Thank you so very much for all your efforts, that's really kind of you and I do appreciate it. I have tried to open it and unfortunately it is saying attachment not specified. Could it be because I have CAD 2011?

Big thanks

Franny

It's a 2010-file so that shouldn't be the problem.

Are you sure you downloaded the file first, then tried and opened it? I know sometimes I get error messages when I open drawings straight from the browser or from Outlook.

Have you tried opening the file with DWG TrueView? It's a free dwg-viewer software that you can find on autodesks website.

Edit: I removed the PDF from the file, and uploaded it here - perhaps there was something with that that messed it up.

AllianzOffice_nopdf.dwg

Yip, that's the message I got.....Maybe I need to create a 'how to list'....I will keep trying to work on it with all the help you guys have give me as well as an Autocad manuel I have just found, tis good to know you guys are there.

Big thanks

Franny