SHX fonts

BrianSouders

Anyone know of a good website to find SHX fonts? I have been trying to figure this out for about a week now on and off. I want a simple stencil font for autocad that is NOT TTF. My company is purchasing a laser engraver to cut stencil letters (small -- .06" to .12" character height). The diameter of the laser is around 0.0015" If the laser vectors a TTF, the space between the "meat" of the letters holding it together will be too great.

I am really wanting to be able to create my OWN .SHX font file. Anyone have a lisp or know how to do this? I know it can be done.

Brian

I downloaded the zip file, extracted the files and put them in the Font Directory of AutoCAD. I also put them in the Windows FONT directory. When I open up autocad, I can't see them when I do multi line text. U got any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I finally did get the Stencil shx text to work. I was about to go into the Format menu and chang the Text Style and pull it up. From there I could use single line text and it worked. Unfortunately the bubble letters will not work for me. I feel like I am going to have to create my own text. The guy that I know that did this composed his text around 3 years ago. The company still uses it to this day. He said he used a lisp command and did it that way and it saved the file as a shx. I've been looking for the lisp command, but no luck.

On another note... I have 2002 autoCAD full version on my work PC. I can not use the command txtexp. Anyone know why?

Brian

On another note... I have 2002 autoCAD full version on my work PC. I can not use the command txtexp. Anyone know why?

because that's an Express Tools command, i don't think ET comes with v2002. only v2004+.

just search some LISP archives on the net somewhere, you'll find it. or i think there's an ET add-on for your version... not sure tho, someone else help! haha.

EDIT: also, i'm curious, what about the font don't you like? that seemed to be exactly what you were looking for, it looks just like Arial (or close enough). ????

• 2 years later...
go here ---> link removed due to low post count (see above)

scroll down about 3/4ths of the way down, download the STENCIL.zip file. import the SHX file into your support filepath directory, and you're good to go. i just tried it and it works.

I am looking for the same thing (a repository of .shx files) and it appears this website no longer exists.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob

BOB'27T:

Thanks for the link, unfortunately quite a few of the fonts sites don't seem to be active anymore.

Btw, my username is a reference to The Tick cartoon. Nothing against STP though!

EDIT: I did find this site (www.cadcorner.ca/textstyles.php), but it doesn't have the 5 font types I am looking for!

• 1 year later...