Dynamic Block W/ Attributes - Mirrored Issue

jarr3tt88

I'm having another issue with dynamic blocks and attributes.

I'm having an issue now with dynamic blocks that are created and need to be edited, they have attributes. When I created the block and I mirror them, fine they are awesome. Apparently now some setting or something got screwed up. I tried searching for an answer and found nothing.

When I edit the block, and save and close it, the blocks that are mirrored now have the text mirrored! This didn't happen before, so its very frustrating. The reason I didn't create the blocks to have flips is because it was faster to just mirror the blocks as needed and rotate (flips I needed two separate blocks vert. and horz.)

Why is every dynamic block with attributes now acting like mirrtext is 1. It might be automatically ATTSYNC itself, if thats the case, I don't want it to. Please help, thank you in advance.

Of course Hoss

Broken Dynamics Mirrored.dwg

I just tried to make another dynamic block with attributes in the same file and a brand new file. Both places had the same effect. Maybe I just didn't notice this before and it always did it. It doesn't seem right to make one change and all the attributes go upside and backwards if mirrored.

If there is no system variable I can change to stop this from happening, I guess I'm just going to have to make flips from now on OR Just not make changes to blocks defined in a drawings already :/

I was a fan of attributes because you could just mirror the block, and regular text doesn't mirror correctly in a block, makes no sense!

Anyone have any ideas? Now If I just change one thing about a block, all the text is wong, or the block resets....I don't understand what happened or why. I used to be able to make plenty of changes, but if it has attributes, and is dynamics, any changes to anything all hell breaks loose, and I have to fix every block.

I think I found a workout around for next time, but this shouldn't be an issue when editing. Even if I don't touch the attributes or attsync it still flips and upside down.

I will use text that have match to layout orientation from now on.

From the help file:

MIRRTEXT affects text that is created with the TEXT, ATTDEF, or MTEXT commands; attribute definitions; and variable attributes. Text and constant attributes that are part of an inserted block are reversed when the block is mirrored regardless of the value of MIRRTEXT.

EDIT: Adding a flip parameter did not cause the text to reverse direction. If you could post a "before and after" example, I'll help you build the block the way it needs to be to get it the way you want.

My mirrtext is always 0, and will always be zero.

The blocks I'm creating are fine....the issue comes when I need to make edits to them. I just started at this office and learning about dynamic blocks. I'm trying to create "smart blocks" So even if I create a block and start using it, there are edits that I might want to make to them. Its just really confusing that once the block is complete and mirrored its fine, exactly like I want it. But once I make a single change and save it, then the attribute flips backwards if it was mirrored. I probably just didn't notice this before, I don't think text should mirror itself even if I don't touch the attributes.

Regular blocks with attributes work fine, mirrored and edited.

Dynamic blocks with attributes, mirrored become backwards.

Like I said, I guess if no one else has seen this before, I will just add a text type of 0 rotation (already started this) and a flip if a block might need text at 90 degrees.

• 3 months later...