paperspace xref different layers per paperspace?

WindowsIHateYou

I have a TitleBlock xref in PAPERspace. I have multiple sheets in the same drawing, each in their own paperspace layout, and each using the same TB xref.

Is there any way to turn off layers of the Titleblock xref on ONE layout, and NOT the other layout? WITHOUT using viewports, or duplicating the xref?

I may be wrong since I am not too familiar with vplayer, but that sounds like it's for layers WITHIN viewports. My xrefs are actually in PAPERspace layouts.

if the titleblock is a 'block' then you can easily assign different visibilty states using the visibility parameter in the block editor window.

I may be wrong since I am not too familiar with vplayer, but that sounds like it's for layers WITHIN viewports. My xrefs are actually in PAPERspace layouts.

You are correct, that could be used, if, as some folks do, your sheet was in modelspace.

I personally put it in paperspace too.

I guess I disagree with everyone. (unless 2008's VPfreeze works different than 2011 thru current)

XREF layers can be frozen/thawed in Paperspace using the same process used to freeze/thaw native layers.... simply VPFREEZE the layer while Paperspace is active.

Freeze Xref layers in PS.gif

Edited by nestly

I disagree with everyone.

XREF layers can be frozen/thawed in Paperspace using the same process used to freeze/thaw native layers.... simply FREEZE the layer while Paperspace is active.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50061[/ATTACH]

That is pretty cool nestly, I didn't know that, thanks for sharing! :beer:

"it doesn't work with LAYFRZ"

Oh, I didn't know that... It seems odd that LAYFRZ is layout/viewport specific for MS objects, but global for PS objects.

Also, in addition to Freeze/thaw, all the other VP override tools work in PS as well, so for example, each Xref'd titleblock could be a different color, lineweight, linetype, plot color, etc.

Edited by nestly

Tah-dah! Worked like a charm and achieved exactly what I needed.

Now is there a command that can do this, or do I always have to go to the pulldown or layer properties manager?