How to rotate object drawn in 2D to 3D to desired position in Auto Cad 2013?

narendra

Hi All,

I am not familiar with Auto Cad 3D commands........here I attached a Image of car which I have drawn in side view using polyline.When I am trying to extrude in SW Isometric view.......extrusion taking place straight top...so I want rotate my object to look like similar in front view even in SW Isometric view in that case only I can extrude my car to get proper shape. Please tell me how to rotate object in any view to achieve desired position.

3D-CAR.jpg

You want to use either 3DRotate or the ROTATE3D command.

I suggest you choose an Isometric perspective,

set your UCS to WORLD, and try to run one of them.

You will be asked to define or identify the axis upon which you want to rotate, and will either want to enter 90 or 270,

depending upon how you define the axis of rotation.

Extrude works along the Z axis, and you can specify DIRECTION, meaning which way

you want to go along that axis, up or down, and a distance can be numerically entered, or you can just drag your cursor for

a nonprecise distance.

Do yourself a huge favor and try using the PRESSPULL command.

Turn it into a 3D solid first, and then ask a few friends on the forum to help,

you roll it back over.

Just kidding, After you make it a solid, used the Rotate3D command.

Hey, let's cut right to the chase, eh?

Watch this short video from the Tutorials page

http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/extrude-and-press-pull/

on this site, it will be very helpful, one of many good ones available there.

Edited by Dadgad

Thanks...Dadgad..........I achieved it..........even I learnt how to use UCS.............if you have any tutorial in pdf format regarding 3D modeling (short cuts) in Autocad please send me a link........

cheers Dadgad, that vid is very good. i didn't realise press/pull was so powerful.

For those who have become complacent, as I had because they are already proficient with all of the older

school modeling commands, like Extrude, Subtract and Union, using PRESSPULL is a real wake up call

to more MODERN and efficient ways of 3D Modeling (yes, even in Autocad!). Not to say the older commands don't have their places and applications.

I posted a tips & tricks thread a few days ago about a recent modeling exercise which really opened my eyes

to how awesome the Sweep command can be, for an otherwise daunting stringer.