cad 2014

wimal

I just using cad 2014 trial version.

using line command I draw two lines, one point is common to both.

next I select one line and selected one grip and moved it.

just I need to change the point that I selected. but whole line and attached line also moving with it. how can I stop it

When you say "moved it", do you mean you start the command Move?

What happens if you instead just click on the grip that you want to move (so that it turns red) and then move away with your cursor?

Yes even I used move command the whole set of lines are moving.

Even the grip changed to red I can change the point along the line.

But I cant change the point where I need.

If I draw a horizontal line I cant change it's anle.

The MOVE-command is meant to move everything that you have selected.

If you just want to change one point on a line, the easiest way is to click on the grip and move it.

Are you trying to change it in Z-direction?

Anle?

I think this is some thing setting of constrains.

But I am not familiar that facility.

When I draw a horizontal line and try to rotate it.

Messages are displaying regarding constrain ( you ma know it)s.

I cant even rotate that line. it is moving insted of rotating

The message when try to rotate.

One or more object has constraints that prevent geometry to be rotated.

What do you want to do.

* Relax the constraint

+ Maintain the contraints

Disable Infer Constraints via the icon in the lower left hand corner of your screen.

InferConstraints.PNG

You can also Delete Constraints via the Ribbon > Parametric tab > Manage panel.

Infer Constraints is probably #1 on my list of Most Hated Drafting aids Autodesk should have never introduced. I've used Constraints to do some cool stuff that would have been difficult without, but the "inferred" constraints are just an annoyance

Geometric constraints should be forced on all users.

I'd force my foot upon the posterior of anyone that attempted to make constraints automatic in AutoCAD ;)

Ah, those damn constraints.

If geometric constraints had been introduced in AutoCAD as always on, never a choice and fully functional, then I wouldn't have a problem with them. As it is, they are snuck in, most don't know how to use them and they are mostly a pain.

I have the same philosophy with upgrades or new software - don't make it optional. If you make it optional, people will choose not to do it, which will cause problems.

I have the same philosophy with upgrades or new software - don't make it optional. If you make it optional, people will choose not to do it, which will cause problems.

That would be a disaster for Autodesk and their current habit of releasing half-baked features, and failing to fix reported bugs during Beta testing. Being able to disable and revert to "classic" behavior and legacy tools is often only thing that makes the new versions tolerable at least until SP1 & SP2 get released which is typically ~6months and ~11 months respectively.

That would be a disaster for Autodesk and their current habit of releasing half-baked features, and failing to fix reported bugs during Beta testing. Being able to disable and revert to "classic" behavior and legacy tools is often only thing that makes the new versions tolerable at least until SP1 & SP2 get released which is typically ~6months and ~11 months respectively.

Yep, completely agree. Which is why I added "fully functional".

In a perfect world perhaps, but "fully functional" is an oxymoron in the realm of Autodesk. I'm having trouble thinking of a single new feature in the last 5 years that was "fully" functional/bug free when introduced. For that matter, I'm not even sure there's any that are fully functional 5 years later. :unsure:

If (but they didn't) Autodesk had made geometric constraints as painless as they are in Inventor, SolidWorks or Creo - they would be very useful in AutoCAD.

I dislike the way they work in AutoCAD, but then, I dislike AutoCAD.....

I know how they could work if implemented correctly.