Problem with older family catalogs

wildirish317

My specific problem is when I download mechanical equipment families from say "Taco" from SEEK, I don't get all of the sizes associated with the family. When I load the family and open the Family Types window, it shows "ERROR_LOAD TYPE CATALOG" as the only family type, and typically has the first family listed in the associated catalog csv file.

I'm using Revit 2014. I'm not sure which version in which the families were created. Is there any way, other than manually recreating the catalog in the family, to re-associate the catalog csv file with the family?

Open the Family in the Family Editor and go to the Insert Tab > Import Family Types. This will allow you to reassociate the CSV file with the Family. You should get some options upon the import, and you'll want to delete the old Types and import as new.

Hope this helps. :)