acad 2004

Wow,

I am having some serious issues with this program. First, are there any symbols or anything representing elevations like newer versions or do you have to draw everything. Also, this is something i have experienced with newer versions as well. If you set up a layout and apply a plotter to that layout and apply that layout as the default for the plotter a lot of problems occur. I sometimes have a drawing at say "18x24". Sometimes I just want to print it on out regular 11x17 to save some paper and/or have a smaller size. I am not concerned about the scale changing. I want to go to page setup, and change it from 18x24 to 11x17. In doing so the blue circle just keeps on spinning around having serious issues. Same result if the plotter is not plugged in. Errr!!! So so so annoying.

Please Help,

Bjenks

I used 2005 before updating to 2011, and I don't recall a significant difference in the number of symbols between 2005 and current. No dynamic blocks, but otherwise I think the symbols library in Design Center and Tool Palettes was similar. I'm also not sure I understand the plotting problem, but perhaps 2004 is having trouble with a plotter that's probably much newer?

If plotter is hooked to network it works fine. It cant always be hooked up to network for various administrative issues. Other devices need to use that cable when not in use. If I just hit page setup manager to change how I print the same thing happens. Nothing works right when plotter is not hooked up. My template is configured for the plotter. I think that is the problem. It is just retarded that I cant change which printer or page setup without it lagging out. As far as tools. I cant find anything except for the basic drawing and modifying and and annotation is limited to dims and text. I dont even see mleaders anywhere. Just quick leader.

When you look at how old 2004 and I take it it is a budget thing, maybe consider purchasing one of the Autocad clones these will at least approach say 2013 version.

There are some veteran users and old threads here that can help you out. If you pick one issue at a time, we can get you up to speed to the old days.

Well I am getting better at it. Right now my main issue is this. If I have snap and polar tracking on I am still running into an issue that I cant figure out. On my pc I can hit line and snap to something. Before clicking to generate a line I sometimes like to drag straight up or down and you can see a trail showing that you are in line with the point below and then hit mouse to generate the line knowing you are in line with the point below. I have gone through tools>options and went through everything. Is this option not available. I thought it was polar tracking. Alls that is doing is allowing me to hit certain angles after initializing the line. I want it initialized before I hit the line if this makes any sense to anyone.

Ive done that. Otrack only works after initializing line start point. I like seeing it after hitting line but before initializing start point. For instance, say I draw a straight horizontal line. Then I hit line command, go to end of line i already drew and scroll over endpoint. I use to then go straight above and the dotted line would follow my cursor. Then I could hit starting point of my next line knowing it was directly above endpoint of my first line. This possible in 2004/05

Technically, I believe it's AutoTrack that you are having trouble with, after you pick the line's start point/basepoint, then it's Polar Tracking. (The two are not exclusive, they can be used simultaneously)

Here's a demo with 2005, and I don't think there should be any significant differences.

AutoCAD2004 Object Snap Tracking.gif