Save As Dialog Box

TC4201

When i save as its a small dialog box, and some of my file names are long. Is there a way to save the size once i stretch it larger?

Stretch the box to the size you want then complete your "save as". The next time you go to save the box should be the exact size you left it.

Works for in in 2013, 2014 and 2015. When did you first notice that it wouldn't work for you and what did you tinker with prior to noticing?

Are you using two monitors by any chance?

From what I have read the width can be changed in the Windows Registry but I would only recommend that as a last resort.

i didn't think that would work but it does! (wish other progs did the same).

a few days later (& a few shutdowns/restarts) it's still the same size for me - mahoosive.

edit: also using 2 monitors

Edited by mikekmx

I am using 2 monitors,

It's been this way since i have been using the program about 6 months. As far as tinkering dont ask. I'm sure i screwed something up, I am learning as i go. I will talk to my IT guy about the registry.

One would have thought that by now AutoDesk would have solved this problem.

Back in 2008 CadKid posted this solution on one of the AUGI forums.

"A technician at Autodesk asked me if I had dual monitors. I answered them by simply saying yes I do, thinking this would be a continuous chat back and forth, but before I got another response I changed my display settings for each monitor from "dual view" individual settings where each monitor had its own settings, to "Horizontal view" where both monitors are combined as one and by changing these settings, that fixed the issue. I responded again to Autodesk and they said they were aware of these issues and will take it into consideration for future development."