Rotated Viewport now My Text is No Longer "E" with the viewport

MillerMG

Used to use servCAD that had a tool that rotated text to "E" no matter how the viewport was rotated. Say the viewport is rotated where W is straight up. The text would need to have a rotation of "N" for it to be horizontal across the page in model space. Now that I have Civil 3D 2015 I do not see any tool pac or command that I can use to be efficient in this. The problem is time. Time is money. If a viewport was originally with North straight up and text had a rotation of "E" and I changed the viewport to West straight up, is there a quick way to change the properties of all the text? Besides match properties. It takes too long to individually select each text and rotate all of them. Even if I select all the text and change the rotation in the properties I have to go back and move all the text so it lines up with leaders and whatnot. I feel like I may have rambled on a little too much but hope this all makes sense. I am the worlds worst describer of my thoughts. Any insight would be wonderful.

Thanks, Miller

In the text style you can specify Match Text Orientation to layout, must be set to Annotative first. Maybe that will get you what you want.

There are a number of ways to select all the text quickly. Select similar and QSelect to name a couple. Changing the rotation is easy after that, as you stated. It would be quite a trick to have it all lined up for you and fix the leaders after the rotation.